Monday 31 August 2009

What can you do in 30 minutes?

Up later than usual at 0630 I find that I am in darkness, as is my surrounding district. There is some kind of power failure and an early morning walker tells me it is going to be out for a few hours as a result of some new building work???

This is bad news. Powering up I find that my dodgy laptop battery informs me that I have 45 minutes left to to live on the internet but that warning means nothing - it usually goes long before then.

What about the planned articles? What about the new site update? I really want to update the Liars, Buggers and Thieves site with the information you have send me but I am like a guy in a space capsule whose life support is about to run out. I need the net like a crack addict needs their crack. Even an hour from my machine has my hands shaking and the sweat dripping from my face. Cold turkey here I come.

First, get this article out explaining reason for lack of early morning output. Then what? Power down,, go for a walk and fire up in another hour to check mail or use up all power and then sit in the dark to wait until the Sun of the power company rises again? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Make a note to self about finding out about cost of extra battery or backup power supply.

.