Thursday 30 April 2009

Freedom of Speech

Gerd Honsik
I may not agree with what you say,
but I will defend with my life your RIGHT to say it
(I know that is not what Voltaire wrote for you pendantics)

I was just reading over on the Jerusalem Post that an Austrian historian has just been sentenced to five years in prison after being found guilty of "Wiederbetaetigung" - which means "re-engaging" in Nazi era beliefs. The crime is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Gerd Honsik
, was convicted in 1992 for questioning the "established" version of 2nd World War events but fled to Spain, where he was deported from in 2007.

To deny the "Holocaust" is now a crime in many European Countries and efforts are being made to bring the UK in line with those countries to imprison those who dare to question history.

Holocaust or Holohoax, I do not know. I have read many books and done much digging over the years and have not yet reached a conclusion. For every claim or documentary evidence there is other evidence refuting it. I do know that my father was machine gunned fighting against the Nazis.

And to be honest, I am much more concerned with the genocide that is facing the True Brits in my country and the white race across the world.

But the imprisonment of someone for daring to hold believes contrary to the "official" positon is not something I like.

I would feel exactly the same way if a communist writer was imprisoned for writing that Stalin was a cuddly little teddy bear and not a mass murderer who had his own gas chambers or that the massacre of 40,000 Polish Officers in Katyn never happened.

I would express in the strongest terms, my disappointment that he held such views, given the amount of evidence available but I would not want him thrown in prison for twenty years. I would be the first in line to stand vigil outside his prison and would campaign for his release.

Yet another reason, why the freedom loving people of Great Britain must leave the EU with its Napoleonic Code and its unjust laws.

In a related article I read that Gordon Brown has committed the British People to help in paying for the maintenance of Auschwitz. Personally I think the British People have already paid enough in lost land and blood in liberating Europe. Let Germany pay.

You might remember also, reading about Ken Booth, a school governor who was criticised for comaparing the concentration camp to a theme park.
Mr Booth, who says his own father suffered at Belsen concentration camp, said: “No-one is comparing Disneyland to Auschwitz but we are talking about how it has become more akin to a theme park.

“Everyone agrees atrocities took place. But to over promote one facet perpetually gives the impression that some one entity has the franchise on self-pity and suffering and all the other casualties of the war were less significant.

“Why can’t we all just remember all of the war dead on our normal Remembrance Sunday? Money could go to better things like books and equipment.

“It has started to be run as a theme park and promoted as such.”
Seems he was right along. This from the article about how Auschwitz is funded.
At the moment the Polish government shoulders the burden of the funding for site maintenance and the running of its museums, directly funding half the required 20m zloty (£4m) with unreliable tourism revenue making up the rest.
Unreliable tourism? Sounds like they are turning the place into a theme park to me also and that should not be allowed to happen.

No comments: